Advantages of the dental cad cam
We now know that dental prostheses manufactured with cad cad dental technology have a more exact marginal adaptation thanks to the automated design and milling procedure.
- High dental aesthetics because it uses highly translucent ceramic.
- Precision in the adaptation to the teeth, with an exact marginal sealing, which guarantees its long-term performance.
- Rapidity in manufacturing because it is robotized and simplifies the steps in the laboratory.
- Greater planning of the intervention, since it allows the clinician to know exactly where to place the implants and have a guide to avoid any change on the planned position.
Steps to follow in prosthetic rehabilitation with this technology applied to dentistry:
- The dentist performs the carving or preparation of the tooth or implant in the dental clinic, takes impressions from the patient's mouth and makes a plaster model that is sent to the dental prosthesis laboratory.
- The prosthetists use the dental cad cam to scan and transfer to the computer the digitized model of the patient's mouth.
- With a computer program prostheses are designed on the digitized image of the patient's mouth.
- Once the teeth are designed, the technician gives the order to the computer and the computer starts milling the zirconium until the tooth is obtained as it was designed in the computer.
- The finished tooth is sent by the dentist to the dentist, who will place it in the patient of Casanova 25 dental clinics for rehabilitation with dental prostheses.
- The computer-aided design (CAD CAM) was introduced into dentistry in the 80s and since then has not stopped developing.
By using the cad cad dental technique at the Casanova 25 dental clinic in Barcelona, we can simplify some of the manufacturing steps of the metal-free prosthesis, reducing the number of visits necessary to apply the treatment, something highly valued by patients in our society nowadays.
This digital technology is used especially in the manufacture of crowns, bridges, dental veneers and titanium or zirconium substructures for the rehabilitation of dental implants.
The dental implant chamber offers our prosthetist and ceramist infinite possibilities to provide the patient with a more natural restoration without compromising the strength of the prosthesis.
It is the most innovative digital technology for high-quality dental treatments and for making more precise restorations, since it uses the computer not only to design, but also to manufacture dental prostheses.