How to remove stains from teeth
Lifestyle habits (tobacco) and diet (sauces, coffee, tea and red wine) can cause stains on teeth. But there is a quick fix for getting rid of stains with a teeth-whitening treatment.
Dental whitening is a treatment that brightens teeth by removing stains, although not all stains can be removed. The treatment can be done both at the dental clinic and at home, but patients should be aware of the different procedures to follow depending on which option you choose.
The teeth-whitening procedure at the dental clinic involves:
- Dental cleaning with bicarbonate of soda.
- A “before” picture of the shade of the tooth shade is taken.
- A whitening session in the clinic (takes about an hour and a half)
- The treatment continues at home for about 45 minutes every day over 3 to 5 days. The whitening kit contains two customized trays and a syringe of carbamide or hydrogen peroxide gel.
- The new shade will be compared to the “before” photo.
Dental whitening at home involves:
- Plastic trays that perfectly mold the teeth to be bleached are created.
- The tray is filled with the whitening gel and placed over the teeth; the dentist will indicate how long each treatment should last.
- The process must be repeated daily and the final results are observed after 3 or 4 weeks.
Dental whitening is the perfect way to quickly remove stains and yellow discolorations for white and shiny teeth.
Want white teeth and a beautiful and bright smile? Make an appointment with the specialist at Casanova25.