What home care instructions should I follow after a tooth extraction?
You need to know the post-surgical steps to take in order to help the healing process and minimise any aches, pains and infections that could complicate the situation.
Our dental specialists have prepared these 11 home care tips for when you have a tooth extracted:
- Do not spit or rinse on the day of surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything hot on the day of surgery. Eat soft, warm foods and chew on the opposite side of the surgical site.
- Keep the gauze pads placed over the surgical site in place for 30 minutes after surgery.
- Avoid sudden head movements and exercise.
- Avoid foods with seeds or small pieces that might get into the surgery site.
- Place ice packs on the sides of your face where surgery was performed.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Take the medication prescribed by the CASANOVA 25 dental clinic and follow its recommendations.
- Visit the clinic 7 days after surgery to remove any stitches.
- Do not hesitate to call 93.451.03.86 if you have any questions in the days following surgery.