What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid, found naturally in dermal cells, is used to improve skin’s texture and appearance; it is also found in hard tissues like cartilage and joints, making it a popular ingredient in both aesthetic and rehabilitation treatments.
Use of hyaluronic acid in aesthetic medicine
As we already mentioned, hyaluronic acid helps improve the skin’s structure and appearance, moisturizing the deeper layers of the skin and boosting the formation of cartilage.
In aesthetic medicine, the acid is used principally to fill wrinkles because it boosts volume while keeping skin feeling natural and expressive. One of the biggest benefits of hyaluronic acid is that it captures water, making it the perfect solution for moisturizing the skin while smoothing deep wrinkles.
Hyaluronic acid is used mainly to plump the lips, remove dark circles and as facial fillers. It is injected into the skin and a single session provides amazing results.
Many cosmetic clinics and dental centers like our Casanova 25 dental clinic offer cosmetic treatments with hyaluronic acid, and it is applied over time for less drastic results, helping improve skin with a slight boost of volume and hydration.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid in aesthetic medicine
- Moisturizes the skin and improves the cells’ absorption of fluid.
- Supports and boosts collagen production.
- Prevents premature aging of the skin.
- Prevents eye diseases and maintains healthy eyesight.
- Helps repair connective tissue, strengthening ligaments and tendons.
- Boosts volume and is the perfect structure for facial fillers with natural results.
Does hyaluronic acid have any side effects?
Anything the human body doesn’t make itself has the potential to cause side effects. Hyaluronic acid can cause mild discomfort, redness and mild irritation in treated areas. These mild discomforts usually disappear after 48-72 hours.
The main symptoms are:
- Mild redness in the treated area.
- Hypersensitivity in and around the treated area.
- Itching and mild discomfort
- Inflammation from the injection.
- Skin discoloration.
- Localized lumps and hard spots that disappear after a few days.
Request an appointment with our aesthetic medicine specialist if you are interested in hyaluronic acid.